● Seven years of photography experience with extensive technical skills
● Hard working and detail oriented
● Recognized as a natural leader and a fast learner
● Bard College, Annandale- on- Hudson, NY: B.A May 2017; Major, Photography
● MICA, Baltimore, MD: Pre College Program, Digital Photography; August 2012
● Senior project (Larry Fink), Vernacular photography (Luc Sante), Photography and Human Rights (Gilles Peress),
Digital Photography (Tim Davis), View Camera (An My-Le), Alternative Processes (Simeen Sattar), Photo 101 (Stephen Shore)
● Selected for Alt Studio Tuscany; 2016
● Award for excellence in Photography; 2012
● Placed All County in Photography; 2010
● 5 Towns College, Photo Exhibition, Best in Show; 2010
PUBLICATIONS AND EXHIBITIONS
● Beyond The Surface, A Senior Thesis Exhibition in Photography; May 6th-10th, 2017
● Portraits featured in Times of Israel; April 2017
● Portrait issued in Publisher's Weekly (Uncredited); March 2017
● Photographs published in iDeligate online Journal; March 2014
● Designed and launched Sandalonphoto.com; 2013
Second Photographer/Assistant, Shmulik Almany; Rockville MD, August 2017-Present
● Photographs events such as weddings and bar mitzvahs as a second photographer
● Uses advanced technical skills to create books for clients as well as edit images in photoshop
Photography Assistant, Freed Photography Inc.; Bethesda MD, August 2017- Present
● Utilizes strong attention to detail in order to handle expensive equipment and set up lights
● Assisted with light testing as well as posing of the subject
Program Lab Monitor, Bard College Photography ; Annandale-on-Hudson NY, December 2014 -May 2016
● Monitored freshman darkroom and aided students with printing techniques.
● Guided students working in the darkroom.
● Utilized strong attention to detail to mix chemicals.
Staff Photographer, Difference And Media Project ; Annandale-on-Hudson NY, September 2013 - May 2014
● Attended and documented several events as the staff photographer.
● Provided an online presence for the company, promoting it across social-media platforms.
● Performed secretarial duties.
President of Photo Club, North Shore High School ; Glen Head NY, 2012 -2013
● Planned club meetings with photography professor.
● Taught students basic developing and printing skills.
● Bilingual (Hebrew and English), Guitar Player/Composer- lyricist
● Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, and Bridge, as well as Microsoft Word and Mac OS.
● Accomplished in analog photo development and skilled with View Camera, Mamiya 7, Olympus OM20, Canon 7D, Canon 5D Mark II and III, Canon D5300, Nikon D800, Nikon D700, and Nikon D7200 cameras.
Copyright 2013. Tamar Sandalon Photography . All Rights Reserved.